100% Organic Pigeon Pea Split (Tur/Toor Dal), Non GMO, No Chemicals, No Pesticides, USDA Certified
$3.99 – $6.99
Pulses are low in fat & cholesterol, high in dietary fiber and rich in protein, making them an excellent heart healthy food choice with established health benefits
• 100% ORGANIC
• NO GMO, NO CHEMICALS, NO PESTICIDE
• INDIA ORGANIC, USDA CERTIFIED
• Arhar Dal is a prominent pulse/lentil used by most Indians, as a dietary staple.
• Commonly known as “Pigeon Pea”, a yellow colored legume.
• Organic Arhar dal is derived from Pigeon pea cultivated in an organic way without using any fertilizers or pesticides.
• Also commonly known as, Toor dal, Congo pea or Gungo Pea.
• Pulses are low in fat & cholesterol, high in dietary fiber and rich in protein, making them an excellent heart healthy food choice with established health benefits.
• Organic Arhar dal also contains essential amino acids like Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate and Pantothenic acid which are essential for up keeping good metabolism and health.
How to Use:
1 cup split yellow pigeon peas (tur dal), rinsed
2 jalapeños—1 halved and seeded, 1 minced
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Steamed basmati rice and warm naan, for serving
1. In a medium saucepan, cover the pigeon peas with water and let soak for 30 minutes. Drain the pigeon peas well.
2. Return the pigeon peas to the saucepan. Add the halved jalapeño, 1/2 teaspoon of the turmeric, 4 cups of water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
3. Simmer over moderately low heat until the peas are just tender, but not falling apart, about 15 minutes. Discard the jalapeño halves.
4. Meanwhile, in another medium saucepan, heat the canola oil until shimmering.
5. Add the cumin seeds and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
6. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and minced jalapeño and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the onion is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
7. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric along with the tomatoes and cayenne and cook over moderately low heat until the liquid has evaporated and the tomatoes are softened, about 5 minutes longer.
8. Add the pigeon peas and their cooking liquid to the tomato mixture and simmer until the dal is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
9. Season with salt. Stir in the butter and cilantro and serve with rice and warm naan.
Processed and packaged in a facility that deals in gluten products, Soy, Peanuts, Tree Nuts and Sesame.
2 lbs, 4 Lbs
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.